Tuesday 8 February 2011

New logo...

Just Light Reflected has a new logo! I contacted the uber-talented Rob Luckins, photographer, illustrator, screen printer and all round gent to see if he knew anyone in his creative circle that was any good with graphic design and in particular logos.


I have been thinking about the branding for Just Light Reflected for some time now and one of the key aspects to tie all of this together was the logo. Following the advice of the likes of David DuChemin I wanted something that could be used with social media, business cards and the website amongst others.
 

I thought long and hard about but as creative as I feel I sometimes am I also know my limitations and I know that there are people that are simply better at this sort of thing than me.

Well in his own inimitable style and in practically no time at all Rob took on the task himself and did not disappoint. He sent me something which was a million miles away from what I was thinking. But that is far from criticism. I was trying to be clever with mirrors and anglepoise lamps - to be honest it was coming off as cliched and somewhat cheesy.  Sometimes it is great to see something through someone else's eyes and in a way get a sense of what they have in mind about you. I suggested a couple of very minor amendments - I wanted a monochrome version for certain work for example. I am thrilled with the final results and I am going with the gut on this one. It will not appeal to everyone, but in the words of Seth Godin we lose so much when we try to please everyone. It is always at the expense of those we really want to impress.


I would love to get some feedback on the design and I hope that you will start to see it in lots more places.

No comments:

Post a Comment