Thursday 17 February 2011

46, 47, 48 and 49/365...

Nearing day 50 of project 1. This 365 has been a real eye-opener. I have had some times when I have wobbled and almost packed it in. But it keeps dragging me back in. I am genuinely falling in love with the process and the challenge. As well as this I am having to use my eyes in a completely different way. I am having to actively seek out creative opportunities - find beauty in the mundane - the everyday. I hope in some small way I am managing to achieve that. If I brighten or stimulate someones day even a little bit then frankly that is job done.
I am now longing for the lighter nights and the opportunity to get out there amongst the 'golden hours' - that magical time around dawn and dusk when the light is so pretty.

Also looking forward to knocking out some B&W street photography too. I hope to do a series of 10 in this 365 - a mini-project within a project if you will. A few character shots - mostly quite random day to day stuff.
 Day 49, above, is my favourite pic so far. As someone fortunate enough to live near the ocean, and who loves the surf, the sea and the tides - I feel a special affinity with the moon. This beautiful object sometimes treats us with a perfect full moon on a clear still night. Tonight was one of those nights and I was lucky enough to be there to witness it. Even 37 years in it's majesty and power still humbles me.

Well day 50 is looming ever closer... I feel like it should be something a bit special but I don't know quite what yet. As ever - hit me with your feedback...

No comments:

Post a Comment