Tuesday 15 February 2011

45/365...

Special post this one. Dedicated to my Dad who turned 60 on Monday (how did that happen!?!?! How our lives flash by...)

We shared a fabulous weekend with my Mum and Dad and some close family. It was nice to be able to be there to celebrate this momentous birthday with the generations of our family. I was happy and proud that our boys were there. In their own ways they both adore their Grandad and I am sure he is very proud of them. My youngest Thomas holds him in that special place that only Grandad's can hold for toddlers. He is part giant, part superhero, part teacher, part care and love-giver and part plaything. I see the look in Thomas' eyes when he is with him and I desperately hope that one day I have grandchildren of my own so that I can get some idea of what that feels like.

I hope he had a great day. We learnt a large chunk of our photographic craft together and he doesn't take as many pictures as I would like. Maybe he will start again...  

Many happy returns Dad and thanks, for everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment