Saturday 19 February 2011

50/365...

Wow - day 50. I can't believe I have made it this far. I felt that it needed to be something special to celebrate this milestone and boy do we have it!

Today just happened to be the day we got to catch up with some good friends and their beautiful new daughter. Emily is simply adorable - I am a sucker for babies - and I wanted to grab a quick snap for the 365. I was dying for a cuddle and was privileged enough to get one but I will be honest - tiny babies scare me to death! I was lucky with my own son as he was a whopper and always so easy to just grab hold of and lug about. I think it is also the precious nature of children. Nothing is more important to a parent than their children and that overwhelming responsibility weighs heavily when passed to you.

They are now six weeks in and learning fast - new parents coming to terms with what is one of the most life-changing experiences anyone can have.

We wish them all the luck and love in the world on the start of their journey as a family.

As for the pic - just a grabbed snap! The depth of field is so poor that poor Stu is mostly out of focus. - the light isn't great and I have the feeling I have slightly over-sharpened it. But like being a new parent - you grab what opportunities you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment