Tuesday 8 March 2011

Day 61/365

An homage this one.

Probably my favourite photographer of all time is the mighty Ansel Adams. his mastery of Black and White is truly genius to behold. I have been lucky enough to snap up the beautiful 400 photographs book as the publisher has just re-printed it. Every page takes my breath away. If you have never seen his work I urge you to try and have a look.

Even if you are not really into photography or landscapes or monochrome please just do a Google image search on 'Tetons and the Snake River'. I defy you not to think that this is a truly special image and something that propels this craft of ours into the highest realms of art.

He inspires me to try and achieve greater pictures. When I look at taking a landscape style shot I always think of what Adams would have done.

A master of monochrome - he truly understood that what makes a black and white image is that black should be just that - black and white should be white. The true mastery came with the subtle graduations in between.

No comments:

Post a Comment