Wednesday 21 April 2010

Calming down...


Wow - two posts in a day! Following the disappointment at the non-starter which was my photography exam I have just about re-grouped. It will give me time to consider my images and choice of medium for this exercise. Whilst I am confident that I am doing the right thing - another week of reflection will be no bad thing. Anyway - back to the pictures....

The above moody looking shot is of one of the benches near the Harbourmasters office in Warsash, England. The light was failing fast and I managed to fire off a couple of semi-usable post sundown landscapes. I had headed out in the car to try and get my young son to drop off to sleep. I was just packing up and walking down the steps when the above composition caught me. I fired off a shot using my 50mm lens at about f1.8. Being relatively new at this game I am still in awe of the power of a shallow depth of field shot.

My lesson for the day - never pack up the camera until you have had one last glance around.

No comments:

Post a Comment